Jul 7, 2014

Two Weeks Round-Up

Okay I've been super busy but I'm back and things are slowly for surely going back to normal. I started the week of at the Cordova Weight Loss Clinic to pick up some Phetermine and I got a B-12 shot. I was prescribed a 30 day supply for $70.00 that includes the office visit and they fill your prescription for you or you can opt out of having them fill your rx for $45.00. This will be my last refill since my primary doctor says the Phetermine is terrible for your heart.
 I visited the $1.00 Jewelry Store off Poplar. I purchased two pair of earrings that really look like something you would purchase from J Crew or Beauty Babble. They have a nice selection of different jewelry. My daughter and I had lunch and McAlister's and I ordered the Grilled Chicken Spud with a bowl of cheese and she wasted a turkey sandwich.  






After that my sisters and I took a road trip to Nashville last weekend to attend a convention with my sisters of OES we had so much fun. It was refreshing to take some time away from life and have girl time.

When I made it back to Memphis I had to hit the ground running to prepare for my daughters 5th Birthday. I was on the hunt for some inexpensive mason jars for the party and after visiting five Dollar Tree's and being unsuccessful I finally lucked up on one that had a few in stock and cleared the shelf.

My goal for her 5th Birthday was to put as much attention to details as possible. Pinterest was my best friend while planning this party for my daughter and I purchased a lot of the decor from Dollar Tree and Hancock's. Here is my redemption of a faux lollipop wrapped and tied with a ribbon. I thought they would be cute centerpieces to add to the tables.

I decided to create a candy buffet so I stopped at our local candy warehouse and overdid it. We still have tons of candy left-over.

The Dum Dum Center Piece was the focal point of the candy buffet our guest really enjoyed these. I created them with a 12" styrofoam ball from the fabric store and about 250 Dum Dum's (minus the ones we ate).



I decided to make a tutu table skirt and rented linen table cloths from the local a party store. The background is make from streamers. Again I found all of these ideas on Pinterest

I decided to make a tutu table skirt and rented linen table cloths from the local a party store. The background is make from streamers. Again I found all of these ideas on Pinterest.



This is my redemption of a fruit shark another lovely idea from Pinterest.
I gave the guests buckets and shovels filled with toys and candy as party favors. I purchased them from Dollar Tree.



The grand finale was the water slide the children absolutely loved this thing it was the highlight of the evening. 




After all of that hard work I decided to treat myself to the Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual sale. I was so late purchasing my items so there wasn't much to choose from but I managed to find a few goodies. Now that I don't have anymore trips planned until September things can finally go back to normal.


No comments: