Jul 14, 2014

The last year of my twenties: The year of 29

So I turned 29 this year and I thought this would be a great time to reflect on my twenties as I knock on the door of 30. My perspective about early adulthood is solely from my personal experience. However, I feel as if your twenties are honestly about finding out "who you are". I can't tell you how many projects I've started and never completed. Not everyone comes straight out of high school knowing exactly what it is that they want in life. Some of us (myself included) have no idea what their purpose is in life. It wasn't until I was about 26 that I discovered my love for fashion however living in a city with not much of a fashion industry I explored that interest through YouTube and blogging. After I had my child I discovered my love and obtained a abundance of patience and thought about coming a teacher however after recently I discovered that's not a avenue I wish to pursue at this time. It wasn't until my late twenties that I discovered my purpose in life is to merely help others it's not about me and I choose to do that in whatever way I possibly can. When I first started my YouTube channel it was created merely for branding and marketing however it turned to be much more than business although I know a lot of people don't really "get" the YouTube beauty and fashion community. I can't tell you how many people I've been able to help by recording a simple diy video. Nevertheless, my twenties has been about making a ton of mistakes, starting projects and never finishing them, changing my major for the umpteenth time, and truly finding out "who" Alishia is and what my purpose is in life. Life has thrown some major curve balls , I've fallen flat on my face, I've been talked about, lied to, cheated on, hurt by love ones and family, unemployed, depressed, sick, and a long host of other issues but I made it and through out all of those hardships it made me stronger, wiser and grateful. If I had the opportunity to give my younger self advice I would simply tell myself to live abundantly. I look forward to my thirties as I am now wiser, more confident and love the person I have become. I don't know everything and I'm sure life will teach me but I know who I am and most importantly I know my purpose.........

No comments: