Jun 9, 2014

Weekend Roundup June 6-8

Lately it's been raining every evening. I mean thunderstorms and tornado warnings so carrying a umbrella has been a must for these past few days but that didn't stop me from having a awesome weekend. Friday right before my shift ended at work it began to pour from the heavens. I did not carry my umbrella and I parked very far from the front door. So by the time I reached my vehicle I was soaking wet. 
But I didn't let the rain stop my weekend plans. I ended up going to Rafferty's and ordered the Hot Fingers Plate and Sweet Tea (they have the best sweet tea) then we left and headed to see Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise (very good). From there we picked up ice cream and enjoyed each others company for the remainder of the night. I must say finding someone who genuinely loves you and understands you is the most precious thing ever.

I decided to dress sexy for my date night just to keep things fresh and remind him and myself that I still had it.....lol...
I purchased this dress last year online at a boutique the outfit of the night video can be found on my Youtube Channel.

The next day I hung out with my Mom and Aunt. Alyssa's cousins also joined us for pizza. We went to a local favorite Broadway Pizza and ordered a large Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza.
After we had lunch my mom and I decided to stop at the store to purchase some wine. I purchased me and my mom a bottle of Moscato, which we mistakenly push the cork into the bottle and had to Youtube how to get a cork out of a wine bottle (thank God for Youtube). There was this neat little bag trick we did to get the cork out.
I feel so jazzy drinking my wine from my Olivia Pope inspired wine glasses that I purchased from Tj Maxx (I think). Plus I love the sweetness of the Moscato wine very yummy and smooth.



Sunday I had to work, and I wasn't prepared for how busy it was. Typically Sundays are relaxed but this wasn't the case. I came home and enjoyed some time with my daughter she went for a light swim in her inflatable pool. I have found this pool to be a good investment for my little one. She absolutes loves the water and this pool allows her to get comfortable so when she takes swimming lessons she's halfway there. Last year I purchased the same pool from Walmart but after her birthday party the pool got a hole in it and we threw it away. So this year I decided to buy the same pool from Amazon.com because of its price and size and I can honestly say I've gotten every dime out of it. 
Later Sunday evening we sat on the porch and reach into our creative sides and painted. I had left over paint from Alyssa's Solar project and didn't want it to dry up so we painted pictures. 


Afterwards we ate dinner and I washed her hair using the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner

Is it just me or is it a battle to wash your child's hair. My daughter absolutes hates any water to touch her face so its a full fledge struggle but we survived mother and daughter intact.


Lastly before I went to bed I cleaned my make-up brushes (another chore) I used Dove Soap and warm water to clean them.


No comments: