Jun 7, 2014

Shea Moisture Sheer Foundation Review

So I saw this foundation on instagram and decided to pick it up at my local Target. The Shea Moisture line is a cosmetic line that caters to African American skin tone. There were a variety of shades and products available and the prices are affordable. This foundation was $14.99 and I was in the search of another drugstore foundation. I choose the color Yasuni Honey which was the best match to my skin color (I'm a NW45 or 7.0 Mac MatchMasters) I've worn this foundation several times so I could give my honest review about it and honestly. It doesn't work for me. Lets go through the pro's and con's.

Pro's:

1. Affordable
2. Provides light to medium coverage but can build up to a semi full coverage with concealer
3. Provides a dewy look (if thats they look you like)
4. Can be conveniently found at Target

Con's

1. Product separates (although I shook it very well it still came out runny and watery)
2. Shifts across my face ( you have to set this with a powder)


My final conclusion that this is not a foundation that is suitable for me and the type skin I have. I like full coverage foundations that provides a matte finish. The dewy look isn't for me.

No comments: