Sep 8, 2012

How to wear high-low skirts for curvy divas

So I wanted to share a few tips for styling the high-low trend skirt. I purchased my Lauren Conrad mint blue high low skirt from Kohls back in July but was really apprehensive on how to style this skirt. Since I would only be running errands today I decided to dress the skirt down by pairing it with a classic white tank from Old Navy. However, if I wanted to turn it to a night time look I could've simply paired it with a classier sleeveless chiffon top in white or off white. There are so many ways to style the high-low look but being plus-size it may be a little harder to create a waist line. For me the best way to create a more defined waist line is to simply add a belt to bring in the waist. If you are a shorter diva with a shorter I would recommend the skinny belts. For taller amazon's (like me) a oversize belt or skinny belt will do. If you are not afraid to show a bit of skin a cute crop top can shirt or bodysuit can make a high-low skirt fun and flirty. For my OOTD I paired my skirt with the DesertRose Necklace from Jewelmint.com the Hernia nude wedges are from Aldo.com and the hot pink Law handbag from Justfab.com adds the perfect pop of color.

Shirt- Old Navy
Necklace- Jewelmint.com  Desert Rose
Skirt- Kohls Lauren Conrad Collection size XL
Shoes-Aldo.com Hernia's
Purse- Justfab.com Law

No comments: